Tested and examined metal parts
All metal parts in the Korutarvike.com online store are tested using the XRF analyzer, or X-ray fluorescence method, in Finland. The metal analysis verifies that the metal parts comply with the requirements of EU legislation, ie the metal parts have been tested for nickel, lead and cadmium.
The Nickel Directive
Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council.
Nickel and its compounds must not be used or placed on the market
1. in jewelry or parts thereof intended to be worn in pierced ears and other parts of the human body during the healing of a puncture ulcer, unless such jewelry or parts thereof are homogeneous and have a nickel content of less than 0,05% by weight of nickel;
2. in products intended to come into direct and prolonged contact with the skin, such as:
- in earrings,
- necklaces, bracelets and chains, anklets and rings,
- watch cases, watch straps and buckles,
- eyeglass and sunglasses buckles,
- rivets, buckles, rivets, zippers and metal markers for clothing,
if the amount of nickel released from parts of such products in direct and prolonged contact with the skin exceeds 0,5 µg / cm2 per week.
3. in products of the type listed in paragraph 2, when coated with a material other than nickel, unless the coating limits the amount of nickel released in parts of the products in direct and prolonged skin contact to less than 0,5 µg / cm2 per week during the normal life of the product. Nickel contents are tested by Korutarvike.com.
Lead and lead compounds are toxic and restricted for health and environmental reasons.
Lead can end up in jewelry, for example, as intentionally added metallic lead, as an impurity in the raw material, from recycled materials, or as an additive in alloys.
The lead content of jewelery must be less than 0.05% by weight. the lead content is tested by Korutarvike.com.
Cadmium is a carcinogenic heavy metal. Cadmium accumulates in the body and has a very long half-life, so as a person ages, the amount of cadmium in the body may increase.
Cadmium can end up in jewelry, for example through impurities in raw materials, recycled materials or solders.
The cadmium content of jewelery must be less than 0.01% by weight. The cadmium content is tested by Korutarvike.com.
The share of chromium in leather products
Concentrations of chromium (VI) compounds in leather products or products containing leather parts were limited in the EU in 2015.
Since then, the products have not been allowed to contain more than 3 mg / kg of chromium (VI) compounds, ie 0.0003% by weight. The proportion of chromium in leather products is tested by Korutarvike.com.
Stainless Steel or Surgeon Steel all mean the same thing. Stainless steel is considered a completely allergy-free jewelry metal. Stainless steel always contains nickel, but it is chemically bonded to other metals and does not dissolve! Nevertheless, the steel parts are also tested in Finland and it is verified that the AISII readings are actually 304,316 or 316L. The higher the AISII reading in stainless steel, the more allergy-friendly it is. Therefore, Korutarvike.com does not sell stainless steel jewelry parts below 304 AISII reading. AISII readings are checked by Korutarvike.com.
Use and storage of jewelry
The same rules apply to all jewelry, regardless of whether your jewelry is made of genuine or imitation materials. Dress jewellery last, remove first. Do not use in the shower, sauna, swimming. Avoid exposure to chemicals, cosmetics, perfumes, and strong UV radiation, as all of the above may affect color fastness, as well as metal coatings. Care for the jewelry by cleaning it with a soft cloth between uses.
Store your jewelry in a dry place and protected from direct sunlight. When exposed to the sun, metal parts may also overheat and cause burns.
Indication of bead sizes
The hole sizes of the beads are about dimensions. Korutarvike has measured the holes in the beads according to a specific sample. Each bead has not been measured individually, as this would be completely impossible. In general, beads may also have a + -2% throw in the reported size range, which is also perfectly normal.
Color reproduction on Korutarvike.com
Please note that the color reproduction in the products depends on the display device of your device and its settings!